Friday, November 17, 2006

Returns to Date

Here are my returns for each portfolio as of November 17, 2006...



As you can see, both portfolios are doing relatively well. The Return column shows the return for the Portfolio. The Index Return over Same Period values are the returns of each index starting with the Purchase Date. And the Performance Against Index shows the delta between the Portfolio's returns and the Index Returns. Portfolio 1 is crushing all 3 indices and Portfolio 2 is also beating each index, while also returning almost 13% in under 3 months. No complaints so far. Given Portfolio 1's strong performance to date, I am considering selling it and putting the cash in a 3 month CD to protect the returns. But I don't want to miss out on any end of year rally that may occur.

Currently, I am in the process of picking stocks for Portfolio 3. I'll share these picks in my next post.

No comments: